fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencils

So I was recently reading Sarah's post about these Maybelline Colour Drama lip pencils and when I was out shopping the other day, before I knew it I had paid and two of these bad boys were coming home with ME. How did it happen!? I'm still asking myself this question. 



In Sarah's post she compared them with the NARS Lip Pencils. If you know me, you'll know 'high end' isn't my forte and I muuuuch prefer high street (post coming on this soon!). As I can't compare them I will just tell you what I think about them. 

(please excuse my messy red one, oops)


So these pencils are an interesting one. On the outside they honestly look like a pencil that you would write with (yeah I know mine don't look like that anymore!) but then when you put them on they are incredibly pigmented and such a different texture to what you would imagine. Although I think my pictures do make them look quite nice, they really don't do them enough justice. I can't believe how pigmented they are and at £4.99 they really are just a massive steal. They are very matte but I wouldn't say they are too drying. However if you don't like this feel, grab a clear gloss and your sorted! 

There are so many shades there will defiantly be one there for you. G'waaan go and get some. you'll love them.. don't say I didn't warn ya!! 

Will you be trying these out? What colour do you like the best?


SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Wow these are actually gorgeous, so pigmented! Definitely going to nab one myself :)

    India / <a href="http://www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens</a>Touchscreens & Beautyqueens</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used something similar by BarryM before and loved those. The colours you've chosen are beautiful - did they do any others?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! These look really nice. I normally fork out and spend more on the high end make up but if the quality is really that good for less than a fiver, I might be a convert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not seen these around before, but they look amazing! The colours are so pretty, I can't decide which one I like more!

    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these in-store but I thought they might be a little scratchy. The finish looks nice and creamy though so I need to check them out :)

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine Blog Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look gorgeous, definitely one my shopping list! Fuchsia desire looks so so nice! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They didn't have these two at my local boots damn you I now NEED them! Lol xx

    Lucy
    Prettylittlethingsmcr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these look like such gorgeous colours! I'm not sure if I like how you have to sharpen them though x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a review of these the other day and was tempted, now I'm sold! Dying to try the Nars ones so this sounds like a fab tester to see if I like them. With the price you can't really go wrong!

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first I've seen of these and they seem like a great dupe for the Nars ones. Fab Orange looks lovely Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really trying not to buy any more lip products as I already have TOO MANY, but these look gorgeous!

    www.bellechaton.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow these look gorgeous! I was not expecting them to be that smooth and pigmented x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such Pretty Colours! I love lip pencils !!

    Serene

    xoxoxox

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These colours are amazing! I love a good lip pencil <3

    Serene

    xoxox

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. High street is awesome! I'm pretty sure you can get just as good quality in high street brands but at a cheaper price.

    I love the colours of these.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these! The colours you chose are beaut, definitely going to pick these up next time I'm in Boots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look so interesting, I must get them asap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I'll have to try these myself, the pink is lovely xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  19. £4.99 is such a bargain! The formula looks much nicer than I was expecting, I'll have to have a look the next time I'm in Boots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! These look gorgeous, I think I like the reddish coloured one the best :) Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah I love these! I have the dark almost brown red one (can't remember what it's called!) But an definitely planning to buy another and write a big ol' rave review on the blog! (Also, I'm a new follower, just thought I'd say hi and that I'm really enjoying your blog so far!)
    Libby xxx

    Chibbybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to try these! there's a dark berry shade too that I want to pickup!

    sam // www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig