fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Annabelle's Wigs Challenge


Whiles looking on Twitter a few weeks ago a saw Annabelle's Wigs asking for bloggers interested in taking part in a challenge. I obviously had to find out more. I spoke to the lovely Clare who explained that there was a bloggers challenge happening at the moment where you had to create 3 looks from one of their wigs. After sending her some terrible pictures of my hair (sorry Clare!!) she matched what she thought would look best with the top of my hair, as you may realise my hair is 10000 different colours. 
I was matched with the Lexi Wavy 3/4 wig* which as you can see is perfect! 

1- Small front quiff 
This is a look I do myself very often, and to be honest is the base of all 3 of my looks. I'm not sure why, but when I was putting my wig in, it really wasn't covering up well (where it sat) so I decided to do this to cover it. It did work well but it meant I had to do this for every single one! 

2- Plaited up do
This was so unplanned and randomly done. I started off by just doing two long plaits as I have seen people look lovely with this style, however I just looked 2 years old. I then was getting angry as nothing was working and you could see the front and pulled my hair to either side. I then clipped it up at the top (as a complete joke!) and this happened!! I couldn't believe it. I had made my own hairstyle. 

3- Half up with a bow
Lastly, this is again a hairstyle I always wear. You can't really see it very well in the right picture, but in the left you can see I have it half up, half down. I added this bow (which is broken, explaining the really dodgy bow) because I needed something to cover the front of my hair. 

I put a picture of me in my wig on Facebook without saying anything, and people assumed it was extensions. I was in work yesterday, and someone I work with said 'why aren't you wearing your extensions? They looked so nice!'. I wouldn't wear this out in public but it does look very very real, and it feels so gorgeous. It isn't too heavy either, which is always good! I'm so in love with this hair and I wish it was really mine. I need it to grow!!! 

What did you think of my looks?!



SHARE:

9 comments

  1. love the second one! such a fun challenge X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just heard about this challenge. Nice looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last one! Literally, you're so pretty!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I'd go for this to be honest, the hair looks quite fake. But I love the styles you've made with it and your hair is gorgeous naturally so you don't need one :) xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun challange :) I don't think the colour matches that well, but thats the hairdresser in me :P I love the styles you created. You always look stunning :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the second and last look. This is quite an interesting challenge.
    Olive Needs Popeye

    ReplyDelete
  7. The half up bow is my fave :) Brill post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite look is the last one, you look gorgeous!
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig