fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Brows 101 | Beauty


Ah, brows. The part of my face that gets the most comments, both good and bad. To be honest, I can't believe its taken me this long to post this but as it stands I'm pretty happy with my brow 'routine' and I get soooo many comments regarding the products I use and any tips I have so here is my brows 101.

Choose the product you want to use
There really is so much choice these days with brow products, we have pencils, crayons, pomades, powders, wax and gels just to mention a few. I buy quite a few brow products and I have tried a variety of techniques. As I like a heavy dark brow I find pencils don't work, full stop. They don't give me the look I like to achieve. I went through a huge phase of using crayons, and I would still go back to using them even now. Pomade was a no go. I found it way too sticky and heavy, and you couldn't do much with it (as in, once it was on the brow you couldn't do anything). Ever since I've been 'doing' my brows I've always gone back to using a wax & powder duo. I've been through various palettes both high end and drugstore but I really love this Makeup Rev one.

Get yourself a good pair of tweezers
Sadly for me I have dark body hair and it grows back quickly everywhere, especially my brows. I honestly could do with getting my brows waxed every week but I just couldn't justify paying every week for it, nor would I have the time, so I try to go every 4-5 weeks. Sometimes longer, sometimes less it just depends.. But I would recommend getting a good pair of tweezers to keep tidy between appointments. I sometimes have hairs grow back the day after I've had my brows waxed so I always try and keep them sort of tidy until I get to a point where I just can't anymore.

Find a technique that works for you
I draw my brows on. There, I said it. I don't think I'm alone in saying that and even so, I still have the way I like to do my brows. One of my friends uses a pencil and does very light brush strokes, another simply brushes a bit of powder through with a brush and is done. It really doesn't matter. Some have heavy brows (like me) and some don't bother doing anything. It's up to you.

Using a light and soft hand
My biggest tip would be to use a light hand when doing your eyebrows. It's easy to go in heavy handed and then not be able to reverse it so I'd recommend using a light hand and use light brush strokes to create the look of hairs.

What are your brow tips? I would love to hear them!







SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Besides from using a light hand, I would also suggest that you brush the product through your eyebrows in between applying the product, opposed to applying it all at once. This will also help you control the intensity of your brows :) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that brows are a big trend in beauty, there's so many products to choose from and it can be so overwhelming to know which are best for you, so this post is so helpful! I personally prefer using powders and a tinted, brow gel, but I do love the ABH Brow Wiz when I have a bit more time to spend trying to recreate the look of individual hairs!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've previously bought a pomade type product for my brows from MAC, the fluidline brow gel creme, but it was so harsh looking on my already naturally strong, thick brows. Since trying that out (I sold it to a make up artist friend) I've been using just a clear brow gel, but I'm desperate to try the freedom pomade after I next get my brows threaded. My number one tip for great brows is to get them done professionally, as it's always the perfect result and so much quicker than doing it yourself! Theres nothing wrong with drawing your brows on, honey, some people need to it's when people who don't need to draw them on do, and end up looking silly! I learnt that for myself!

    Lovely post!

    Em | beauty&bullshit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brows are one of my favourite parts of my routine too! I personally love a pomade, but I can see why they're not for everyone :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only just started doing my brows and I'm a fan of tweezing when needed and then using a light eye brow filler for them :) Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyebrows are amazing. Even without product, I have so, SO much brow envy going on! Really enjoyed this video, you've given me lots of inspiration. I could do with getting a brow brush; I normally just rely on like, pencils and that for mine. And then spend all day looking at them in disgust haha

    N xxx

    Lovelaughslipstick x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig