fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Tuesday 1 March 2016

L'Oreal Paris Brow Artist Genius Kit | Beauty



L'Oreal Paris Brow Artist Genius Kit - £9.99

Flicking through my blog over the past few weeks I have noticed something. I don't have much content. Long gone a time where I would write a review on one product, and one product alone. Since the flat lay epidemic, you rarely get a blog post where a single product is being spoken about. These days, its all about the comparison posts, or posts that are talking about 5 different products at once. I miss the bulk of my blog being single product reviews, I mean, you just have to look at my past 5 blog posts to see that I've turned in to conforming to the blogger flat lay norm and I don't like that.

Whenever I come home to my parents I always have a peek through my mums makeup stash. She buys a lot of makeup. She has several skin conditions which mean a lot of products don't work for her, but she is forever trying out new ones in search of the best. My mum was what I could only describe as an 'over plucker'. She has amazing brows naturally but she couldn't go a day without touching them. She regularly came with me to my waxing appointments and would say to my brow lady 'ahhh I wish I could get mine done', however with her not being able to go a day without plucking, the brow lady wouldn't have much to work with. She bit her tongue and grew the brows. She now has them waxed, and I doubt she would ever go back! She also enjoys a brow product or two and we all know these are my fave, so when I saw this new L'Oreal kit in my mums stash I knew I needed to try it.

I must admit, L'Oreal, just like brands similar (Max Factor, Rimmel etc) aren't brands I tend to use often. I'm all about the real cheap but amazing makeup, and never pay over the odds for it. Even this eyebrow kit coming in at under £10, I would think twice paying out that kind of money when I know MUA do a dupe for £3 (HAH, cheapskate).

The little brow duo comes with a wax, powder, mini tweezers and a brush/spoolie and it is the worst brow product I've ever used. Just throwing that out there. I'm not even sure why I dislike it so much, I can't quite put my finger on it but I wouldn't even recommend it to somebody that doesn't even do their brows. Its just really not very pigmented, the wax is very stiff making it pretty hard to get any product on to the brush and the powder is very light too. 

I am a massive eyebrow kit lover and I love trying new ones but this one sadly doesn't tick any of my boxes and for £10 I can think of brow kits I'd much rather spend my money on, sadly. 

Have you tried this brow kit? What did you think?! 
Daisy xxx






SHARE:

7 comments

  1. This looks like a good kit. Slightly reminds me of the Benefit Browzings palette only a lot cheaper

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, how disappointing! I think the Rimmel Brow Kit is really good for the price. My only bug bear is that the packaging is really small. x

    Kirsty - Life in Excess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame this wasn't the best! I will always use ABH dipbrow and won't ever change!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only tried one eyebrow kit and it's from e.l.f and I loved it! It worked really well for my sparse brows but I have since moved to pencil and gel. My favourite combo is NYX Micro brow pencil and Essence Make Me Brow.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely sounds like a waste of money, I'll steer clear of this one! Tbh, I've never really gotten on that well with brown kits, I found brow pencils and a bit of gel over the top much more suited to me!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely doesn't sound like it's worth the money at all. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a shame you didn't rate this hun but so glad you posted as I was tempted to get it, I definitely won't now! Fab review girly <3

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig