fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Wednesday 7 September 2016

What does a baby actually need?


When I found out I was pregnant, before even knowing the sex we went to our closest Mothercare which is quite a large one. My baby was going to have e v e r y t h i n g brand new, everything. I wasn't going to compromise, she was only having the best of the best. 

The buggy we picked was £840 for just the base, it didn't come with a car seat (or anything else for that matter) and that was an extra £200+ on top but it didn't matter, that was the buggy she was having. 

I picked the furniture for her room, a room she didn't actually have as we both still live with our parents, but again that didn't matter because at least she would have nice furniture, and her room would one day be pretty. 

After a few months of picking up bits and pieces, an opportunity for a house came up. We went to visit the house about a month ago and fell in love with it. I was having the house weather it meant struggling, believe me. Now with just over 9 weeks to go, moving in to our first house with nothing and still lots to get for our little princess the reality is setting in fast. I can't afford that £1000 buggy, I can't afford the £700 three piece furniture set I so badly wanted and I am going to have to compromise.

The problem is, these days there is far too much to choose from. My mind is mush with all the gadgets and technology you can buy, but what does a baby actually need? Lots of people will tell you as long as your little one has a roof, clean clothes, food and love they have everything they need. I'm beginning to realise that this is very true, and although we will never struggle to support our baby, for the first few years she might not have everything in the world but that is okay, as we will be a family and at the end of the day thats all that matters

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Can't believe you only have 9 weeks left! Hope you're all settled in and have all the things you'd like to have by then :) Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so much and I really wouldn't worry yourself, I've heard so many mums say you buy too much crap! You're probably best off saving it anyway. Even now I have bits where I think, that was probably a waste!

    Georgina Clarke - Pregnancy & Baby Blog

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig