fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Sunday 30 October 2016

My Baby Shower


When I found out I was pregnant, a baby shower was (I hate to admit) one of the first things I thought about. The thought of having all my family and friends around to celebrate my baby was an exciting thought. I'm not sure when you usually have a baby shower, I have seen anything from about 28 weeks but I was pushing it fine being nearly 38 weeks pregnant at my baby shower.

Initially it was all going to be a surprise, all organised by one of my best friends Dani, however she knows I'm a complete control freak and I love things like this, so when she asked if I would prefer to help arrange it of course I said yes. Although I would have loved a surprise, I'm glad I got to be bossy as it was all exactly how I wanted it. 

The venue was my mums house, which was never even a question as they've just had a huge kitchen renovation and it was the perfect place to host it. I have several large families, as well as a large friend/family friend base as I have my parents, step parents and then K's family too so the space was perfect. 


I had been pinning tonnes of baby shower ideas and decided to try and make some of the DIY treats I had seen so many times on there. I made oreos, marshmallows, pink wafers and doughnut cake pops. They all looked so lovely and actually didn't taste too bad either! 


My mum put on a huge spread which was enjoyed by everyone. There was so much food! 


We had a pink and gold theme, of course. The lovely people at www.talkingtables.co.uk SO kindly sent me over loads of things, including these hat props, loads of plates, cups & straws, bunting, and the gorgeous pineapples. I am so grateful as honestly it wouldn't have looked at pretty without having all the extra bits there! 


We had a few games like guess my waist size, which one of my childhood friends won. We also had baby shower bingo, which was really fun. We had a 'guess the babies arrival date', which I am excited to see who wins that. Somebody had guessed today, but I'm afraid there hasn't been any signs yet!



I am SO grateful for everybody that came to my baby shower, I received some gorgeous gifts (which I'm thinking of doing a separate post on?) and generally had a lovely day. Little baby Nicholls is super spoilt already, what a little madame! 

Have you had a baby shower? Did you choose not to have one?
Daisy xxx
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Loved the pictures, the decorations look so fantastic and everything looks so cute. I'm seriously so happy for you :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds like you had a lovely time! The decorations are beautiful and all the food looks incredible! Not long left to go now, either - how exciting! I hope everything goes well for you :)

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cakes look amazing. Can't wait to see what you got xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig