fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Monday 2 June 2014

updated: WHAT'S IN MY MAKEUP BAG & makeup look

I have something a taad different for you today.. A 'whats in my makeup bag?' with a twist. Instead of just photographing my makeup bag with the contents inside, I thought I'd split it into sections and also do a small makeup look along side it. I will also include all the links!


Firstly we have the base products. I only recently started using a primer, I have become absolutely in love with this one from MUA but they have stopped selling it!! WHY? So here's one similar: MUA flawless primer. I never saw the point in a primer but let me tell you, that opinion has changed!! Next I have my Olay essentials - a touch of foundation which is a gorgeous tinted moisturizer. I don't really need a foundation so this is perfect, its so light and it smells LUSH. Lastly I have a cheap MUA concealer. Again, I can't find this one but here are similar: MUA concealers. I don't use this often but I like to have it there incase of emergency. 


Next up we have powders and such. They are actually backwards but it doesn't matter. Firstly I have the Collection sheer loose powder (nice packaging there, does anyone else notice how rubbish the collection packaging is?!). Nexxxt I have Natural Collection bronzer that I've actually had for ages so I should probably chuck that out. I don't use it much, just sometimes. Finally my new holy grail product BeautyUK baked blush which I did a full review on here



My favourite part - EYEEES. I got sent this gorgeous BeautyUK eyeshadow palette - naked07 which you can read a full review here. It has quickly become my main eyeshadow palette and I use this everyday! I have my Bourjois liner pinceau and the Rimmel scandle eyes eyeliner incase I decide to mix up my makeup, although I don't use them much. My favourite two mascaras: NYC high definition mascara and Maybelline falsies mascara. I LOVE both of these and of course use them daily.


To apply all my makeup obviously I need some tools. In no particular order here we have them. Blusher brush - unknown brand, powder and bronzer brush - ELF, Real Techniques stippling brush for foundation, selected eye brushes from Crown Brush all eyes on you brush set and finally some tweezers - unknown brand.


For the last part of this post I have a quick every day makeup look using products from my makeup bag (obviously!). It's literally a very natural smokey eye that is easy and goes with EVERYTHING.

So if you've read this far you've done well, 10 points to you. I hope you enjoyed this post. It took me a very loooong time to do so please let me know if you like it!?

daisydaisyxxo 





SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I love Rimmel Scandal eyes, current raving about No 7 volume mascara its amazingly good. Nice nosy inside your makeup bag, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyes look amazing!

    Love the post. I really love my brushes, I didn't have them for a long time but when I finally bought a set made a huge difference.

    Lovely!
    xo Haylee
    www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your natural eye makeup is gorgeous, really compliments your skin tone! I am still trying to grasp makeup brushes but growing my collection very very slowly!
    Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous is your eye makeup! Really compliments your skin tone :)

    India // Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got such lovely, big eyes! I'm so jealous, you must get so many compliments on them. I was just having a little scroll through you blog and saw that picture and had to scroll back to double check which mascara you're wearing! Definitely an advertisement for Maybelline if I've ever seen one xx

    Jade | skinsweet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything you added, it gave me some ideas. Also, so jealous of your eyes and incredibly eyebrows!

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really need to get some of these real technics brushes, everyone is raving about them!
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The natural make up looks stunning on you :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely! Really like these posts - always nice to see what people use everyday :)x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig