fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Saturday 21 June 2014

THE HAIR DYING HOLY GRAIL - Loreal Casting Sunkiss Jelly


Again, it's been a while but you'll be pleased (or maybe not..) to know I have a whole week off until I start my new job so hopefully I'll be posting daily, if not more! I have loads to share with you. 

I have recently seen the adverts for this on TV, the L'Oreal Casting Sunkiss Jelly. I didn't really understand it and when me and Ma were in Boots today I took her to have a look. From what we could understand its a jelly-like formula that gradually lightens your hair. It says on the box it isn't recommended for people with hair colour darker than light brown, and luckily I have quite light hair so I thought I'd give it a go. 

You will have probably seen that I have ombred hair. I used a packet dye a few months ago and to be honest, it didn't really do much so I was going to do it again but held off. Since its been sunny for the past few weeks, my hair has lightened sooo much however I still want more! 

I called this a 'first impressions' post with the intention to do an update once I've used it a bit.


These are on a deal in Boots at the moment, and I honestly honestly can't tell you how much I already adore this. I got the shade 03 which is the lightest one. I would recommend this to ANYONE wanting lighter hair. It's meant to highlight natural hair, or lighten already highlighted/ombred hair. I used quite a bit, which since I've worked out your meant to use a bit and gradually build it. I cannot wait to use this again! 


The directions for use are to just apply on hair, either wet or dry and you can then wash it out or just dry your hair. I don't really know the science but basically once it's on, you are meant to either sit in the sun or hair dry it because the heat intensifies it to get the colour. I hair dried mine but I reckon sun would get much better results! I might try that next time.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Okay okay, I know what your thinking. It actually looks lighter on the first picture! But I honestly just think these are bad pictures.. I mean, who can ever get a correct hair colour in a PHOTO?! The ends are sooo light, I don't think I'll need to do them much more. I'm going to try and put some on the top of my hair though to see if I can lighten that. 

This was easily the best money I've spend on a hair product in a looong time, if not ever!! I can tell this is going to be my go to product for a very long time and if anybody out there is wanting highlights or to lighten their natural hair, I couldn't tell you enough.. BUY THIS. Even if you don't think you'll like it.. TRY IT! Because I reckon you'll change your mind. ;-)

Have you tried this? Do you think you'll try it?!
daisydaisyxxo

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Ooh I've been looking for a review on this, looks soo lovely.

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this in my life!!! I can't wait to see the next update! Out of interest, does this have peroxide in it?! Thanks for the post!!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I think it does! I've just had a look at the ingredients and I didn't understand many of them, but I'm pretty sure I saw 'peroxide'. However, it does say its enriched with oils and things to (kind of) balance out the bad to good!
      Thanks for reading!!
      xx

      Delete
    2. I absolutely must buy this product!!! :) xx

      Delete
    3. Yes, hydrogen peroxide is included. I've just applied it today for the first time, tomorrow, or the day after, round 2. I have colored hair though, so I'm not sure if it will have 100% the effect expected.

      Delete
  3. Ah such a lovely shade :D I may have to do yet more hair experiments and try this out :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this product, but I love the way it looks on you. I also have ombre hair and I'm not sure if I'd like it to be lighter!!! But if I wanted to, I'd definitely go for this product. Great review xxxx

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! I used to use John Frieda's lightening spray but it was quite damaging. I think if I ever decide to go lighter again (it's a constant thought in my mind haha!) I might give this a shot, as I hate how damaging dyes are.

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this sounds pretty amazing! I love the effect it's given your hair!!! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try this! I want my hair to be a bit lighter, it's a light brown now and does go lighter in the sun.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your review has convinced me! I am definitely going to buy this now x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow thank you for the review, I am dying to try this! I have followed you with Bloglovin and if you ever get a chance to check out my blog i would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to know how it turns out on dyed hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been using this recently and was quite scared because it said not to use on coloured hair. But I feel like it made such a difference to my hair! Not only my outgrown roots are lighter, but also my pre-coloured hair is lighter now! And it also doesn't weigh the hair down or anything! Love it as well!
    xx Ann-Kathrin

    annxkathrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, i'm using this on virgin hair and just wondering, do you have to do a test patch for allergic reactions?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig