fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Saturday 9 January 2016

An introduction to Too Faced... | Beauty


I'm not the type of person to ask for much for Christmas. For me, it's all about surprises. Now I'm at an age where I can afford to save and buy anything that I want, that's exactly what I tend to do, which leaves birthdays/Christmas pretty tricky for anyone asking me what I want. I love not knowing what I'll be receiving and that really is part of the fun for me - hence why I don't ask for much.

I had sent mum several links to different beauty bits and pieces I wanted, including a few bits from Too Faced. As my mum went away at the start of December, all her Christmas shopping was finished in November which meant I had even more of a surprise because I had forgotten everything I had mentioned to her - yey! Of course I didn't get everything (yup, I'm still upset I didn't get Mary Lou) but I did get some amazing bits.

Too Faced isn't really a brand I hear much about. Don't get me wrong, I hear people talk about it but not as much as Mac & Urban Decay. I had a tiny sample of Too Faced - Better Than Sex mascara last year which I was honestly obsessed with. I used it every day, even when it was dried out I still tried to make it work. I was stupidly upset when I had to come to terms with the fact it was all gone and I probably should just throw it away. 

For some reason, I've just never repurchased it. It's one of those things I never want to buy myself. It's £19, it's quite large and a big part of the price tag is the packaging. It's very heavy and sturdy, not plastic and it's kind of embossed, all fancy like.  I pay £10 for my HG mascara, so I don't see why I can't get my brain around spending an extra £10 on a mascara that I genuinely, really do love. I'd happily go and spend that £10 on sweets and crisps!! I think the fact I could only order it online put me off too, my local Debenhams has now got a Too Faced stand which makes it even more desirable to me! Bring on payday.

Another Too Faced item I was eager to try was the Melted Lipstick. Now, I (didn't even realise I'd) sent my mum the shade 'Peaony', that was just the shade option online. When I opened it, it certainly took me by surprise. A bright, barbie pink lipstick? Would I ever choose one of those? Most certainly not! We all know my hate for barbie pink lippys. Mum had assumed this was the shade I wanted as I sent it to her... oooopsie. However, you'll be pleased to hear I wore it on Christmas day and really did like it. If you don't smother it on, it's more of a pink nude making it easier to get away with wearing. Phew! I will certainly be getting some more though - although am I the only one wishing there was some muted colours in there? They are all fluorescent colours! Darn.

Have you tried anything from Too Faced? What should I try next?

Daisy xx
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I love Too Faced! I haven't tried the Better than Sex mascara but love their Natural Eyes palette and the Love Flush blushes are great! I have Peony too and love it, Fig is really nice too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm desperate to try the palettes, I have some dupes but would love to see how original compares! xx

      Delete
  2. I love Too Faced! I haven't tried the Better than Sex mascara but love their Natural Eyes palette and the Love Flush blushes are great! I have Peony too and love it, Fig is really nice too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for the recommendation - I really need to buy some more! I love the look of Nude. xxx

      Delete
  3. I've never used Too Faced, I've always heard other hype over the brand...maybe 2016 is the year I get more experimental with high end brands!
    I'm not a fan of barbie pink lips either and they definitely don't suit me!? I've also always wanted to try the Better Than Sex mascara, but I agree the price tag is a little off putting, but if you love it so much, I say buy it (I know, I know, stop enabling you, but we both know you desperately want it, hehe).

    Sarah xo // See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally wouldn't class it as high end, and thats coming from me, the biggest cheap skate alive! I have makeup rev dupes of their palettes which I adore, but the mascara is insane!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  4. I've heard such great things about Too Faced - especially the "Better Than Sex" mascara - but am still yet to actually try anything. I've noticed my local Debenhams also has a counter so I may have to treat myself come pay-day!
    x

    Small&Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! If you only try one thing, make it the mascara! It's really worth it :) xx

      Delete
  5. I've already given some of their palettes as gifts but I've never given it a try myself !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their Better Than Sex mascara is my all time favourite mascara, it ticks pretty much all of the boxes when it comes to what I want from a mascara! x

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - it's changed my life hahaha!! I love it so much!!
      xx

      Delete
  7. I've only ever tried the mascara, I wanna try more but like you said, don't really hear too much about it. I think I wanna try their milk chocolate bronzer though!

    www.denajayne.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The products look so beautiful! I'd love to give some of these a try, I just have to find a way to justify spending that much xD Loving your blog! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this post! that picture is gorge, Daisy - and it's great to see you back to blogging!

    MAKE IT RAYNE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the post, I really want to try the melted lipstick it looks great x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig