fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Thursday 14 January 2016

Pancake & Waffle Shack @ Barton Mills | Lifestyle


Yesterday, I had the day off & K finishes work at 12pm so we were looking for something to do. After googling 'things to do in Suffolk' and only castles, beaches or museums coming up, we were stuck. It needed to be cheap/free, so of course our first idea was head out for a meal! Do you hear my sarcasm? We decided to try out the Pancake & Waffle Shack, which I think I'm right in saying opened late last year. According to Google, it is 10 miles away from where I live so we made the short drive to see what all the fuss was about. 

I must be honest, I wasn't expecting much after hearing very mixed reviews about it. I've heard that there are always queues coming out the door, service is slow and not to bother going there. Then again, I have also heard very good things! So of course I had to check it out for myself.





Upon arriving, we couldn't see anybody inside so we thought we had come at the perfect time! Inside, it's much smaller than I thought but the decor is amazing. I'm not sure I'd say it's american diner themed, but I really enjoyed looking around at all the different posters and bits on the walls. The lights were amazing, and it's left me searching on Pinterest on how to do it myself!

As we went in, we were greeted and taken straight to a table. It was empty! There was only one other group in there, so our order was taken almost immediately. Other tables that came in after us seemed to be getting their food before us but I assumed this was because I ordered chips (yep, fussy eater over here!) and not pancakes/waffles.



K ordered a Milky Bar milkshake and I, of course ordered an Oreo milk shake. It was nice. Like, really nice. But it was just a simple milkshake which I could make with my blender in the kitchen. K also enjoyed his and I would say they were worth the money. I think we only paid about £3 for each of them.



I didn't bother photographing my boring chips, but for £2.50 you got tonnes and I only managed to eat about a quarter of them! If I'm honest, I wasn't very hungry but the fact K ordered 'Banella' (Banana & Nutella pancakes!) I felt like I should probably order something. K only managed to eat about a quarter of his pancakes too, he said they were 'lovely, but very very sickly'. 

So, would I return? I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back. This is purely because I only went for a milkshake, which as I said before I could make in my own kitchen. I imagine for pancake & waffle lovers this place is heaven on earth! I'd be interested to know what the waffles are like too.

Rating? 3/5.

Have you tried this restaurant? Do you have any places like this near you?
Daisy xxx
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. The pancakes look amazing, but I'd defo need to share them if they were that sweet!
    I love the decor of the place :)
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only heard about this place the other day and haven't been yet. I am a huge waffle/pancake fan though so it's right up my street. Love the decor too!

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oreo milkshakes are the best! The pancakes look amazing, it seems like the perfect breakfast place I'd say. If I went there for lunch I would probably rather have chips too haha. We have a waffle place close to our town but I have never tried it, maybe I should. :)

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pancakes look amazing and I don't even overly like pancakes!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. The decor of the place is super cute! Love the little mason jar that your milkshake is in as well! x

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely! Anywhere that serves drinks in a mason jar is a win with me!! xxx

    www.dellabellablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so delicious and yummy, I really fancy a milkshake now!!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah the pancakes look delicious! I love the decor - it looks so cute! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good!!! I want to go!
    And the lights are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so pretty and perfect! Those waffles though, look so yummy!

    lovely post,
    www.ZyaandDaizy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks really good, but so sad it wasn't perfect for you! x

    Cristina xo // My Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig