fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Thursday 7 August 2014

The Blush & Highlighter Dream Duo


If you're a major cheap skate like I am, these two are a blush and highlighter dream duo. Both of these products come in well under £10 which is amazing. The MUA highlighter was actually a repurchase after my mum stole my first one, but hey, for £3 who cares?! And this Sleek blush was a recent purchase but I've used it every single day since. It is amazing.


I must admit, I am a complete blush novice. Blusher until recently wasn't even a word that existed in my world. In fact, I rarely used any cheek products (that's what the beauty blogging world does to you!!). I still only own about 3 blushers but this is by far my favourite. It's called Rose Gold which I personally think is the perfect name. Looking from straight on this is a gorgeous coral/pinky colour, but as soon as you turn you can see the hints of gold which is just gorgeous. I have quite dark skin and this is a perfect colour as bright pink blush really does not suit me.


Next on to the highlighter. As I mentioned, I already had this and this was just a repurchase as mine went missing *ahem, I'm looking at you mum!!* I knew I loved this but little did I know how much I would love this WITH the Sleek blush. I don't want to crack out all the corny cliches but you know when something just works together?! That is these two. They compliment each other so very well, it's like they were meant to be. Now I'm starting to sound like I'm slightly in love.

So there we have it. My two dream cheek products (that I didn't even realise that I'd love a few months ago). And if you don't have these GO AND GET THEM.

Have you tried either of these? What is your favourite blush and highlight duo?


SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Wow that highlighter looks amazing! Can't believe it's so cheap! I absolutely love NARS blushes but after seeing this one I'm definitely checking it out! Glad you've found a winning combination x
    lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleek blushes are amazing, my favourite is pomegranate. I haven't tried the MUA highlighter but it looks really good, I'll remember to look out for it next time I'm in Superdrug!

    Aleena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this blush, it's one of my favourites. I've never tried the highlighter but it looks really pretty xx

    kizzyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sleek blushes! I use Pixie Pink on a daily basis which looks pretty bright in the palette but is perfect for a pale girl like me! I've never tried MUA highlighters before but their eyeshadows are great so I might have to try those too.

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    YouTube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look beautiful, love the colour of the blush especially! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sleek blushes but it looks like I NEED to add this highlighter to my make-up bag. I think I'm in love.....

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am LOVING the look of that highlighter!!!! I also completely agree with you, I barely tried any products until I started blogging! But it's posts like these that make you want to try them all! Great post!xx

    Honeypotblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sleek rose gold, I'm not currently using it as I got a bit of a summer tan and it was a bit too light if that makes sense? But I'll be going back to it in winter! The highlighter looks gorgeous too.

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am pretty sure this Sleek shade is a dupe for NARS Orgasm :) I also have this MUA highlighter and it truly is amazing. And you need to update your blusher collection ASAP! I personally LOVE blusher, I am a blusher hoarder. :) Bourjois pot round blushers are also very cute and good! X

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I've been eyeing up this blusher for the longest time, do you think the shimmer can get too much?

    http://amuslimahslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always really impressed by MUA products, especially for the price! Will definitely try the highlighter! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im such a makeup snob and a huge MAC fan, but since Im about to have my 2nd child I think I need to start looking into cheaper brands! Looking at these 2 products, they're almost the exact same as the ones I use from MAC. I think I need to give them a go! :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rose Gold is such a gorgeous shade, i love it! I also love the MUA highlighter, although the packaging of mine broke after about a week haha! Still a beautiful shade though :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that highlighter, but the Makeup Revolution one is even prettier and less chunky on the skin! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice Post! I love blusher!

    www.lipstickontshirts.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. that sleek shade looks like nars orgasm! :D

    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm such a huge fan of MUA products, they always come out with such gems! x

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. That highlighter is beautiful! Might have to have a look for that :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig