fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Halloween | Cartoon Face




Halloween looks aren't really my thing. I love the idea of them, I love reading about them but when it comes to me actually doing it.. well.. that's another story. I think its because I'm not actually very skilled at doing makeup. Don't get me wrong, I love doing my makeup but I'm not actually very good at it. This look was no exception.. I really wasn't very happy with it and now looking at the pictures all I can think is what I could have done better. 

The white dots are very un-dot like and not consistent in colour. The tear drop lines are way too thick and just look rubbish. The eyebrows are not in proportion or clean cut lines. The lip line is terrible and so very messy. My list could go on and now I've told you everything wrong with it. OOPS. Anyway with time fast running out and a promised Halloween colab with the lovely India from Touchscreens & Beautyqueens I decided to go ahead and use these images anyway. 

For the base I have my usual face makeup. The MUA primer, W7 foundation and Collection sheer loose powder. Then I took a white face paint that I got from Tesco and using a cotton bud, dotted the dots all over my face. Although this is a lengthy process, it's obviously essential that you do it and take your time! I then used a black eye liner to do the brows, tear drops and lip line. I used any liner I could find but I would say to use a thin one as it looks much better! On my eyes I used a Makeup Rev pigment with the Aqua Seal to make it look even bolder and on my lips is a Makeup Rev matte lip crayon in a bright red. 

As I mentioned this is a colab with the lovely India who has created this amazing skull look. You can find her look by clicking here. Go and show her some luuuurve!! 





SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself, it looks great and the colours are so vibrant!


    Anoushka xx www.Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing ! Looks very realistic to me :)
    Love VictoriaJanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I think it looks really good! I especially love the colour on your eyes x
    lipstickloveheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What interesting Halloween Makeup! I love the way you've done it! I hope you have a fab Halloween! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this look is great! It's something different for Halloween and I think the white dots really stand out and give it the whole pop art look, it's much better than you think :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look incredible, a true pop art babe! I really want to try out this look now. I wish Halloween wasn't over! Xxx
    Alice Adores Apparel

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! You did such a good job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great, I think things look better if they aren't perfect x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just randomly came across your blog! :)
    Love it - this look is really effective I've seen a few girls trying it and I really want to give it a go!

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! I've seen so many cartoon face makeup tutorials, but yours really stands out. Love what you did with the eyes.

    polished.tv

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really love this! And dose brows - wowweee. Love the bottom lashes you drew on :)


    www.makeitraynex.com

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig