fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Sunday 12 October 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoo | Review




Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe | Metallic Pomegranate both £4.99

These are old news, I know. But as you all well know by now I am not one to follow trends and I'll get something when I decide that I want it.. hence this post going up now. These have been so raved about in the beauty world, I'm not sure why it took me so long to purchase them but hey I've finally done it. Maybelline had a 3 for 2 on and whiles I really wanted to get something there wasn't actually anything I needed, so my best friend Amelia said 'what is one thing you've wanted to get for a while but haven't?' so I chose these. My local Boots didn't have a huge range of colours (except for bright blue and purple) so I picked up the two that looked most wearable.

I quickly posted on Twitter asking how people use these. I wasn't sure if you used a finger, a brush, if they blended well, if you could use other shadows with them etc. I got a huge response. Some people said they preferred to use fingers and some people said that they used brushes if they wanted to pack it on heavily. Firstly the Permanent Taupe colour. In the pan it looks very grey, on the eye it's a dark brown but it is very grey toned. It's a matte colour and the 'science' behind these are amazing.. I mean how can you make a CREAM eyeshadow so very pigmented and either matte or shimmery?! 

Next Metallic Pomegranate. This has been highly rated as the 'Autumn eye colour you NEED to have' and I can see why. It is a gorgeous red and the shimmer just makes it gorgeous. I haven't yet tried to use this with other colours, I've worn it on its own though and I can tell you it's lovely. They are £4.99 in Boots and Superdrug although you can find them cheaper online. If you've not already got your hands on some of these, I suggest you do so quickly. I can easily see why these are so raved about.

What do you think of these? Have you tried them? What colours do you have?

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I have so many of these! My favourite is On & On Bronze :D x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried On and On Bronze when these came out but I didn't like it. The formula was nice, perhaps it was just the color.. I like the look of Metallic Pomegranate though!

    Sam // www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The taupe looks gorgeous! Maybelline are definitely killing it recently :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried this either but I'm really growing to love cream products so I'm definitely going to give them a go based on your recommendations! Thanks :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two of these, a rose gold one which is perfect with the Naked 3 and a Leather effect one which I picked up in the Stated. Love them!

    Anoushka xx www.Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god Taupe looks amazing! xx

    www.bellechaton.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't gotten round to trying them either ;) The colours you picked really complement each other, the formula sounds amazing! :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pomegranate looks beautiful, love the 3 for 2's Boot's have on right now... done some damage at the Seventeen, Soap & Glory and Rimmel counters lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have these and they are gorgeous products. So creamy but long lasting and so pigmented.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the purple is next on my list! i love these, especially on and on bronze for an everyday thing just to swipe on in two seconds every morning!

    hannah @ http://hansaddiction.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! Metallic pomegranate is stunning! I need to get this for myself. I have the taupe shade and also on and on bronze, which is another lovely colour xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have one of these in On & On Bronze and it's my everyday eyeshadow, it's so easy to apply and lasts all day even without a primer x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colours :D the pomegranate one is such a pretty colour :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm obsessed with the color tattoos! They're just amazing xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look amazing - agree about the Pomegranate what an amazing shade. I've only got one of these - the 'On and On Bronze' but it just doesn't seem to work on me, the colour comes out weird and not metallic at all. I know people rave about them and they look really good, so I just don't get it! :(

    Sarah | seriouslyshallow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have On and On Bronze and absolutlely love it!! Metallic Pomegranate looks stunning- I also have my eye on one called Rose Gold or something. They're so long lasting and easy to apply.
    Julz Obsessions xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig