fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Makeup Revolution - Colour Chaos | Review



I'll put my hands up *lady with hands up emoji*. I have had this palette for a few months now and I've been very naughty not posting about it. Why? you ask. Well.. this is going to sound mad but the only reason I have been sitting on it is because I hated the pictures. I'm not trying to make excuses (because we all know I'm queen of excuses) but that's the gods honest truth. This post originally had about 5 images and slowly, whiles this post has been sitting in my drafts for however many months I've deleted picture by picture. I've ended up with this 1 picture that I'm still not completely happy with but after a chat with a blogging friend today she told me it was fine and to post it anyway.. and my apologies to the lovely Makeup Rev team, sorry I'm slacking.

This palette is another cracker by Makeup Rev. Although the colours might look a bit daunting, they can actually be used easily. I don't think I'll be using the bright green on a daily basis but some of the colours on this palette could come in handy if you need to make some whacky look. However there are colours in it that you could use on a daily. I love the purples and I think I will be using them at some point this Autumn. There is also a gorgeous emerald green which will be another lovely one to use.

As every Makeup Rev shadows, the colours are amazingly pigmented. Use a primer and they pop even more. Some of the colours won't be to everyones taste but for the grand old fee of just a few quid, it's 100% a palette to have in your collection as you never know when you might need it. I've played around with this palette quite a lot and it's as gorgeous as it looks, trust me. I'm going to do some looks using this very soon as I want to start doing looks again on here. What colours would you like to see used?

Are you a fan of Makeup Rev? Do you have a crazy palette?




SHARE:

14 comments

  1. This looks so colourful and fresh! I'd love to try it out.

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some bright colours for the halloween look I'm going for and at £6!? Who can say no? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their products are so good for the price! Their palettes are great for anyone that needs some more 'out there' shades with great pigmentation but dont want to pay a fortune x

    http://xxchloescloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pink and green are so bright that I would wear them just for the sake of wearing them! Looks like another good palette :P
    Tania xx
    taniamichele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a really refreshing palette. The bright colours may look scary, but its always good to push yourself and trying something new! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Makeup Revolution but knowing me, I wouldn't wear these colors. Still a gorgeous palette though!

    Sam | www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the colours in this palette look beautiful! I love how vibrant they are! x

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the colours in this are so over the top but so wearable too. I'd be tempted to make them into different coloured eyeliners using a mixing medium :)

    Anoushka xx www.Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great picture! It shows the intensity of the colours well :)
    Love VictoriaJanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours look fab for halloween but for night outs etc! thanks for sharing they look highly pigmented :)

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so colourful! I'm not sure they're shades I'd be brave enough to rock, but they're gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Completely understandable! The event I organised LAST month has only just gone up on my blog as I HATED the photos, it really ruins it for me if I'm not happy with everything!
    But I think you did pretty good in the end! I love makeup revolution too :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig