fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Wednesday 1 July 2015

A Evening At The Races - #NewmarketNights

This wasn't actually a planned blog post (heck, if it was I would have got a better picture of my makeup and outfit!) but I thought I'd do a quick little write up about it anyways as it's more 'lifestyle' and as I've mentioned 1000 times I want to start including more lifestyle here on my blog.

Newmarket Nights come around every single year and I always say 'next year I'll go to some'. Come next year and I'm still sitting there wishing I was going. Two things you might not know about me: I love the races and I love gambling. Hey, I'm not the biggest spender when I do gamble but I go through phases (please don't call me an addict!). I once won £100 off a 25p scratch card, but I think that was probably my biggest win to date.

As soon as tickets were released for Madness I knew I had to go. My family, especially, are always that one annoying family dancing to every Madness song at weddings and parties, lets be honest everyone loves them. An excuse to dress up, listen to live music and gamble? I'M THERE! I got two Grandstand & Paddock tickets which were around £35 each. My boyfriends auntie, mum and step dad also got tickets and we arranged that we would all go. Fast forward 6 months:


Would you believe I went through buying 3 different pairs of shoes, 4 outfits (2 of the same dresses in different colours) and 2 hair styles to decide what I was going to wear! In the end I went with this gorgeous black dress from Boohoo.com. I ordered it in black and blush pink but the black was 10x better in my opinion! Kayne is wearing a River Island shirt and Topman jeans. He looked gorgeous.


Being in the Grandstand & Paddock meant that we had shelter which came in handy because at one point it did tip it down. Luckily it did stop after a while but you can't expect to go to the races and not have any rain! I actually won/placed in 5 out of 6 races which always happens. I never put much money on but always win some back! All my family get so annoyed because I really am so jammy! Although I wasn't technically 'up' when I ended the night, but I went home with money and spend a lot whiles I was there.



I haven't actually got any more Newmarket Nights booked but after going to this one I really want to book some more last minute. McBusted are on the day before my birthday so I'm hoping someone will want to come to that with me! Fingers crossed...

Do you enjoy the races? Who have you seen?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I would love to go the races! Looks like so much fun. Any excuse to wear a dress and lashes!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks scary-busy to me, but sounds like a lot of fun :) Love the dress, nice and simple!! Always good to be under shelter too as you never know with the damn weather! Tania xx
    taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! Your make up looks lovely :) Lyd x

    electricSUEDE

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a brilliant time! Love your dress too <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to york races twice this month and can't bloody wait! Your makeup looks amazing on here btw Daisy!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress! Loving the lifestyle posts too :).
    I'd love to head to the races, Newmarket is only an hour away so I'll have to look into going there one day :).

    Christie x
    http://christieslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig