fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Thursday 31 July 2014

Sunkissed Tanning Mousse*

Tan isn't something you often see on here and that is because of one reason: I rarely use it. Thankfully, being an olive skinned girl (thanks mum!) I don't need tan. I have many friends that use tan on a daily basis and I always think their crazy because lets be honest, not many tans look nice. They normally always end up being patchy, streaky and un even which is why they have to do it on a daily. That really doesn't appeal to me, you can also normally spot a fake tanned girl a mile off! 

The only time I've ever had a tan was when I got a spray tan from prom. Looking back I would 100% say I only did it because everyone else was as it was kind of a 'thing' to get a spray tan for prom. I can honestly tell you it didn't do a thing to me. My friend who also got one at the same time was very very pale and she looked lovely but mine literally didn't make an ounce of difference. It was a complete waste of money but hey ho, we live and learn! 




I had previously spoken to Sunkissed about doing a review but nothing came of it so I just assumed that it wasn't going ahead anymore, then a few weeks ago I got an email asking if I was still interested. Everyone always wants to be darker than they naturally are (including me!) so I decided to take up the offer and give it a try. After all, it does go after a few days! I guess I'm probably not the best person to be doing a review about a tan as I'm clueless, I probably should have got a big tanner to also write a bit but hey, you got me so you'll have to deal with it ;-)

The tan itself is the consistency I would assume it would be for a mousse. I chose the colour 'dark bronze' which is the darkest colour because of my already dark skin but after using it, I could have done with an even darker tan. It didn't make a HUUGE difference (but definitely more than my spray tan incident!). The colour on the skin was really nice and although it wasn't too dark it gave a bronze glow which was really noticeable. I hear a lot of tanners say that tan smells like biscuits. I couldn't put my finger on what this smells like, but it wasn't a horrible smell at all.

It was very easy to apply with the application mitt* that they also sent me. As I say, I've never tanned in my life so me being able to apply this easily was like a god send! I was still noticeable after about 5-6 days but if I was a hardcore tanner I would have re applied after about 2 days, just to top it up. All the boyfriends of girls I know who tan always say about the orange bed sheets and yup, this did happen to me too! I woke up and it looked like there had been a murder (although the blood would have been a orangey colour, hmm..) but I'm fairly certain this happens with most tans. Just bare it in mind!

The packaging is very simple but I actually really like it because there isn't too much going on. On the bottle itself there are some very good tips to help the likes of me which where a god send. And finally lets just take a minute to praise the price point. This tan (online at www.sunkissedbronzing.co.uk) retails at £4.99. Amazing eh? I know they also sell this in Superdrug but you'd have to double check the price there. For novices like myself this was very good. I would recommend.

P.S they also do beauty. THEY DO BEAUTY FGS.

Have you ever tried Sunkiss tan? What did you think?



SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I'm naturally fairly dark so it's hard for me to find a fake tan that makes a massive difference too, this sounds lovely for a darker glow though and that lasting time is impressive, definitely one I'd love to try!

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this before, but I might give it a go. I am fairly pale, but can't be in the sun for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pale that I can't tan naturally, I just burn! I am never keen on tanning products either, but that's just because I am rubbish at applying them! This is a bargain though, so might be worth a go!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never used fake tan ever. I always worry I'll turn orange

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't use fake tan at all, I quite like my pale skin but my mum uses this fake tan so it's nice to see someone reviewing it!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bargain! I do want to try some more fake tans as I am so pale x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me as Michelle, I always worry I'll turn orange but I've always been interested in trying it. This price is very affordable for a fake tan mousse :) x

    Crissy from MY CUP OF TEA

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really great.

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried this out too and I was really impressed. Especially as it is so affordable!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll definitely try this out!
    ♡ www.millie-grace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig