fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Tuesday 10 February 2015

GENIUS BUBBLE BAR STORAGE | LUSH

Of course everyone loves saving money. Weather you make a conscious effort or not, it's always a good feeling having some spare pennies at the end of the month to spend on that brand new mascara. I read something a few months ago about this but I completely forgot about it until now. A new way to store your Lush bubble bars. Yes, we all know I'm a huge fan of them. How many of you have 20 small Lush baggies sitting in your bathroom?

You know it's a hard life when your main worry of the day is which of your 50,000 bubbles bars your going to use. The struggle is real. I genuinely spend a good 20 minutes before each bath going through every little bag smelling to see which your going to use today. That is where this comes in handy!


   You will need:
  • tupperware tubs
  • grater
  • bubble bars

Yup, grating bubble bars into a tub. Simple as that, but a genius idea nevertheless.



I bought a £1 grater from The Factory Shop next door to my work and tupperware tubs which were also £1 each. I picked the 3 bubble bars I wanted to put into pots, and simply grated them.


I know it sounds mad but it really is a very good idea. When I use a bubble bar, I pull off a chunk and crumble it into my bath. The chunks are always different sizes and quite often I end up using much more than I need meaning I'm loosing money. Wasting money every time I use too much. Today in my bath I used just two small handfuls of the grated product and it was more than enough. Normally I think I would probably use 10x this amount which is crazy!

Another thing I love about this simple yet effective idea is that they are so much easier to see/smell. It saves SO much time rather than going through each paper bag to see which you want to use. You could even put stickers on the top of each tub what each one is!

So there you have it. A stupidly genius way of storing Lush bubble bars. Thank me later!!

Will you be trying out this method? If you do, tweet me your pictures! @daisydaisyxxo

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Ahh that's a great idea!!! I know what you mean. I have seen people put it in a sieve and then run it under the tap before so they don't get chunks in the bath. It's really annoying when you snap it in half and one side is massive compared to the other!!

    www.jennieemma.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a good idea! :) I do the exact same, opening all the bags and sniffing them! Not to mention the fact that I have loads of them taking up lots of space, dunno how i never thought of something as genius as this before!

    Lots of Love,

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing idea Daisy! Definitely doing it!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent idea! I looks a lot like that pixie dust sweets :')

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius idea! I think I'm going to do the same to mine!

    Christie x
    www.christieslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is genius. I'd be useless with bubble bars so this idea is literally perfect
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SUCH a good idea! I never thought of doing that before but I will definitely be giving it a go!


    www.rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever idea I have recently became a Lush addict so will be using this idea soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like such a good idea! I always use way too much of my bubble bars and this looks like the perfect solution. x

    https://jadeambersblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing idea! This makes me want to pick up more bubble bars haha!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea, I'm definitely going to be stealing it! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a brilliant idea, especially for really getting your moneys worth out of each one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea! I spent ages the other night hacking a chunk off my bubble bar with my hair brush bcos it wouldnt break apart! You can always mix and match colours and smells this way aswell! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SUCH a good idea - plus how colourful and pretty will the boxes look when stacked?! I currently have two large bags full of Christmas bits and others I've bought since. I think I'd have to dedicate a whole evening to grating the bars though.
    Lucy @ Lucy—Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great idea - I love it! Could get really fancy and put them into glass jars or something! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely a genius idea! I'll need to invest in some tupperware and a grater! It will make bath times so much easier haha.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. An ingenious idea! I will have to try this out! xx

    www.thatgirlrhianna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an amazing idea! I will definitely be doing this from now on, you're a genius lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig