fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Sunday 1 February 2015

My First Blogger Meetup | #nyLDNmeet

*Warning. This contains a lot of photos. Sorry not sorry!!*

I had seen #nyLDNmeet hashtag going around on Twitter for a while before I asked what it actually was. I asked Lauren from Blonde Vision about it and she told me it was a meet up that her a few others were arranging, in London
It sounded amazing but being in London meant it was a £45+ train fair which at the time I couldn't afford, at all. After a few chats with mumma, we decided that she would drive me and we could stay over to make a weekend of it! I was so nervous to go as it was my first event. I was worried that nobody would like me, which sounds silly to say but it's very real and I'm sure I wasn't the only one! 


 I had been told by a few people that business cards were essential for meet ups as you never know who might be there, both bloggers and brands. As I had left it super late to get any printed, my mum quickly designed me some at 4pm on Friday and printed me off a load. For all the effort we went to, I don't think I handed out a single one. In fact, my only one card used was one that my nan took. I was in such a panic with what I needed to take, I actually remembered to take TWO power packs and my selfie stick all charged but no camera. Uh oh.


Before the meet up I met up (ha ha) with Jess from Pretty Chit Chat and Charlotte from Vanity Fairest (and a few others, no photos!) as we were all feeling pretty nervous. I have spoken to these two countless times on social media and they are two of my best virtual friends. It was SO weird to finally meet them properly and have actual human chats but it was also lovely! I felt like I've known them both for years and I can't wait for future meetings we have planned! We stuck together for the whole thing which I was so happy about.


We had all been told there was a new range launching at the meet up which was so exciting. We were, quite literally some of the first people in the UK to see it! The range was firstly a skin care range called MooGoo that is based in Australia and then secondly a sister brand of makeup called Dusty Girls. The skin care sounded amazing but more importantly the makeup range was AMAZING! Seriously, very very good. I wasn't expecting too much as they were all mineral based but I was very shocked. The two swatches are actually a lipgloss which was gorgeous and a blusher! I will 100% be picking some bits up from these.


Next up was henna. I finally had a chance to get it done by the wonderful @designedbyhenna (on Twitter & Insta!) who was amazing. I LOVE my henna and I don't want it to ever leave! The little finishing touches really made it look amazing and I walked around for about an hour with one hand up (yes, imagine the girl with the hand up emoji, that was me)


The room was packed with various bloggers and brands! It was such a great atmosphere and the selfie stick came in handy! Although now looking back, I wish I took more photos! 


Finally, I had my hair done by an amazing salon called Fordham Soho. My hair was curly but has dropped out thanks to wind and rain, so I got them to add some more curls. The picture doesn't show how lovely it looked but the best way to describe it would be 'glamourous curls' (if there is such a thing!). By the time I got back to the hotel it had dropped a bit and just looked curly which I LOVED. They were absolutely fab and if you're around Soho area, defo go and check them out! 


We were given the most amazing goodie bags and I even managed to win in the raffle! I won a bag of W7 goodies which was amazing, as we all know I'm a huuuuge W7 fan! I can't wait to get reviewing some of these bits, although I am going to be posting more Twitter pictures of everything if they don't go up on my blog so please keep checking on there! 

Lauren, Tamsyn & Amy you all did AMAZINGLY and even though not everything went as planned it was a fab event and you made me feel so very welcome! Well done girls. Cant wait for the next one! Good luck! ;-)
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Ahhh it looked amazing!! Wish I could've gone, I will defo be going to the next one! Looks like you had a greaaaat time
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and love your pictures! Gutted I didn't get to chat to you, there was so much going on! Glad you had an amazing day, and love your henna! That was one of my favourites parts I don't ever want mine to leave either haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was exactly the same with my business cards... Took 50, left with 47... It just didn't feel right! Never mind, at least we're well prepared for future events!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post daisy :) really enjoyed reading this one! You got so many more photos than me, waaaa!

    Kayleigh xoxo
    www.veryberrycosmo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute and honest blog :) I really enjoyed it! It was lovely meeting you at the #nyLDNmeet

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had such a great day!

    Www.heyitskiaerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. oo this looks like so much fun!! Glad you had a nice day :) xx

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a lovely meetup - so glad you enjoyed your first one and made a weekend of it! :)

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool that you were some of the first people in the UK to see the range! Sounds like you really enjoyed the meetup!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww LOVED our little bit! So nice to finally meet you lovely, sooo excited for our next meet up! Also thanks for that oh so attractive picture of me you've decided to post hahaha xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was exactly the same lovely, despite having been to quite a lot of events I was really nervous and left so many things I'd planned to take, behind. So lovely to - very briefly - talk to you, and thank you for letting me snap away at your henna ;) Fingers crossed we cross paths at event again soon lovely, would be great to talk to you properly :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was such a great event wasn't it! So many people there so I didn't get a chance to speak to you but I hope you had a lovely time.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow it looks like you had an amazing time.. and your hair looked stunning! <3 xxx

    KirstyLeigh // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah it looks amazing and it sounds like you had a really good time, wish I could have made it! Your goody bag is absolutely incredible!

    Sophie x | sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like it was an amazing meet up x

    http://www.ofbeautyandnothingness.co.uk/2015/02/valentines-gifts-pampering-ft-nipfab.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. great post& lovely photos! don't think I got the chance to speak to you but it was an amazing day :)
    & your business cards look so beautiful. at least you have them ready for the next event! xo

    Mara // marashares

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looked soooo fantastic! And how funny that Dusty was there just before you got all your products from Katie? And those goodies ahhh. INLURVE.

    www.makeitraynex.com
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow it looks amazing! How do you join these meet ups? I would love to from time to time when I have money to go to London :)

    http://luizasandru.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig