fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Sunday 19 April 2015

Sunday Skincare


Pretty much everyone and their dog is aware of my non existent skin care routine. When I say non existent, I literally mean nothing. Nada. The only kind of 'routine' I have is when I take my makeup off with wipes (yup, you can all shout at me!) and any goodness/badness that are in the wipes. The truth is, I've never needed any skincare. I don't feel I'm bragging when I say that up until about 8 months ago I had pretty much perfect skin. I like to blame my newly found bad skin on stress that I've had but realistically, its all aspects of my life (diet, skin care, stress etc). Anyway, I'm blabbing. 

When I went to the #nyLDNmeet which I wrote about here, I was introduced to MooGoo skin care. We were all allowed to select a product that best suited our skin and I embarrassingly explained to them about my non-skin care routine and they suggested I start off using a general moisturiser so I can get used to putting things onto my face. Since this arrived I honestly think I've used it pretty much every day. I absolutely hate the smell as I think it smells a bit like gone off milk (I have no idea why!!) but its a smell you get used to if you use it a lot. 

Another thing I've loved doing is mixing the moisturiser with my foundation. I think I've made it no secret on here that I prefer to use BB creams, purely because thats what I'm used to using. Now my skin has got worse, BB creams aren't cutting it as much but I still don't like a really full coverage foundation so mixing this with my 'fuller' coverage foundation really helps. I've been doing this every time I wear foundation recently. Have I seen results? Although not very noticeable results spot wise, it has been making my skin a lot more hydrated and generally just feels a lot nicer. I will carry on using it and I would definitely recommend it if your looking for a new moisturiser. 

As I mentioned I take my makeup off with wipes I KNOW I AM SO NAUGHTY!! so when I received this cleanser I made much more of a conscious effort to use it daily. I'm still not 100% used to using it (to you good beauty bloggers out there, how do you stop product from going in your eyes?! It's proving near impossible!!) and the fact I get it in my eyes every time does kind of put me off using it, although this is a personal #BeingABadBlogger issue and not the product itself. 

The smell is again, a smell you have to get used to. It's very herbal smelling (I am probably completely wrong, I have the senses of a jellyfish) which is quite strong and honestly doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelt before. It's not a smell I would like to smell all the time but for the sake of taking my makeup off in a better way, I will do it. I really like the style of the bottle. It's glass with a really long and sturdy pump. As packaging goes, its a huge winner winner chicken dinner for me! Have I seen results? Again, not much spot wise but I feel like I get much more makeup off my face when I use this. I just wish I could work out how to use it without getting it in my poor eyes every time!!! Other then that it's very good at its job. I probably wouldn't repurchase it again, at over £20 that cheapskate in me says its way too much and I would class it as a 'higher end' product. Especially as I'm not keen on the smell, I know there are products out there with nicer smells and probably do an equally good job. I will use this one up first though! 

What is your skincare routine like? Have you got any recommendations for me?


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Oh Daisy, what are you like! Take your eye makeup off with wipes, I do. Or a gentle eye makeup remover on a cotton pad and then go in with your cleanser. I never put cleanser near my eyes as they are so sensitive from wearing lenses.

    Anoushka xx www.Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get away for so long without having a skin care routine! Effaclar duo + is just so amazing along with the La Roche Posay Serozinc toner! They've calmed my skin down massively!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin care routine is a mess, i just can't seem to find anything that helps my dry skin haha xx
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the type of girl who constantly buys a ton of different products with the intention of incorporating them into my cleansing routine. Gah! It hardly ever happens though as I always end up using my same old ones :/ X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly the easiest thing for someone who does not like or have a skin care routine is to the Garnier Micellar water! Honestly you will not regret it. I am always ordering it from Boots and shipping it here to South Africa. Its the perfect "lazy skincare" item. It takes off so much more than your wipes will and all you need is cotton pads. You should OBVIOUSLY be using an indepth routine but if you don't care for that just grab some Micellar. You won't regret it bub!
    Rayne XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I love reading your posts Daisy! Glad you were honest about repurchasing too!

    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued by this cleanser, I want to try more Antipodes products ;) You just need to find a routine and stick to it for like 3 weeks - then it'll become a habit. Good luck! X

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Antipodes Manuka mask and night cream but I've never heard or tried this cleanser before…it sounds really nice. I find my Liz Earle C&P has the kind of texture that sticks to your skin although I guess it can be used around your eye area. If a cleanser is more liquid like then I find it hard to avoid my eyes haha xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only tried one product from Antipodes - the hosanna serum and I love it! I use my clarisonic mia and cleanser never gets in my eyes when I use it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig