fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Thursday 30 April 2015

Motives Cosmetics

 Motives Cosmetics

Motives cosmetics was a new brand introduced to me when I recently received an email asking if I wanted to try some products out. Never one to turn down the chance to try a new brand, of course I eagerly said yes and awaited my parcel to come. I had no idea what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised. The makeup market is now so huge with new brands coming out what seems like every day it takes a lot to impress a beauty blogger. In case you don’t have a clue what Motives Cosmetics is about like I didn’t, they are very similar to the likes of Avon whereby representatives sell you products through hosting parties. 

I was contacted by Andreea who offered to send me two lipsticks and a blusher. She is a rep that runs her own website through the Motives Cosmetics brand. A self proclaimed lipstick hoarder, I love getting new lipsticks to play with. With probably millions of varieties out there, I have tried a lot of tones and shades and probably worn some that don’t suit me at all. Only recently getting into using blusher in the past year or so, I am slowly starting to build up a collection of them to give a small army but I always enjoy trying new one.

I was sent 2 lipsticks (the pink one is called Magenta but I cannot for the life of me remember the same of the other one!! I will update this soon!). Although the picture is making them look quite a bit brighter than what they really are, they are really lovely colours. Glide on with no trouble at all and are so pigmented its mad. Magenta has really cool undertones and is almost iridescent which is gorgeous and for a non-bright pink lipstick wearer, this one is actually very wearable and a welcome newbie to my lippy collection. The second (currently un-named) lipstick is a bright coral colour which is definitely more on a 'me' colour. The picture makes it look like a florescent orange colour but in real life its much more toned down. I wore this recently on Twitter and everyone went mad for it wanting to know where it was from so here you go - you now know! For £12, I probably wouldn't rush out to buy every one of these because I am underpaid and wouldn't be able to afford it. BUT nevertheless they are really really nice lipsticks and 100% give high end brands a run for their money!

Motives Blusher- £10 each*
Before I tell you about the actual blusher, the packaging is just brilliant. This is literally the perfect size to pop in your handbag when you are just packing essentials. It's not too small that you cant use it, but it's just a perfect size to carry around with you nicely. NOW on to the actual product.. well, just like the lipsticks I am so impressed. What I love about this blusher is that it isn't actually stupidly pink, its a nice colour that is very buildable. It's similar to Sleek - Rose Gold which is my all time favourite blusher. Motives blusher has actually become my every day blush and I apply it with the Real Techniques blush brush, very lightly and then build it if I want more of a deep colour.

I am so impressed by this brand. I am always skeptical of brands like this because sometimes reputations can be bad (pushy sellers etc) but Andreea was such a delight to work with and I will defo be trying out some more of their products in the near future.

The absoloutely lovely Andreea has kindly offered a code to all my readers! 10% off by using 10OFFMA
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Those lipsticks sound lovely! Such gorgeous shades!

    Alisha x
    www.beautywithalisha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blush looks so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely! I've never heard of Motive cosmetics before and Magenta looks like a amazing shade.

    www.thebeautybaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another brand that I’m yet to venture into! Sounds great!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo those lipsticks are so pretty!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd heard of Motives as it's big on Instagram but I had no idea it was like Avon with the ordering process :o The pink shade looks a really nice colour - be great to see some swatches :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never actually heard of this brand before but the lipsticks look gorgeous.. Rather pricey for £12 though when MAC's are only £15, but pretty nevertheless! :) I love bright shades for spring. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant say I've heard of these before, but that blush is a gorgeous shade. Just wish they were a tad cheaper!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the colour of the orangey lippy! I was searching for one this exact shade around Christmas time and couldn't find one... but looks like (one day, when I'm not a pauper haha) I know where to find it now!
    xx
    www.lovelaughslipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of motives before but I absolutely love the look of that orange lipstick and the blusher, such pretty colours. Love the packaging on the blusher too, I am such a sucker for pretty packaging :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Motives cosmetics and have quite a few products of theirs and they are really lovely products.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of Motives but these look pretty cool!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful lippies, but at £12 a pop? Phowar!

    http://blessedbymeow.blogspot.co.uk

    They all look lovely though! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of this brand, the lipsticks look and sound great x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Think I need to check out this brand. Love the looks of the blush x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig