fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Sunday 12 April 2015

Yves Rocher Makeup | Smokey Eye Look


Is it bad I had never tried Yves Rocher makeup until an email appeared in my inbox recently offering me to try some bits? My nan knew exactly who they were. Maybe a generation thing? I haven't got a clue. But I'm pleased to tell you I'm a huuuuge fan. I was sent all the perfect things to make a nice smokey eye look which is exactly what I did.

Firstly I received the Fixing Eyelid Primer £7.50*. A tiny bit of this goes such a long way and the tube would definitely last you the longest time! I always use a eye primer so I can't say I've noticed the biggest lot of difference, its similar to my others.

Secondly I received the Quad Eyeshadow Palette £12.50* in brown. The quad contained 2 shimmers and 2 matte colours, with 2 of the horrible eyeshadow brushes that all beauty bloggers hate (including me!). I wasn't sure what to expect as I try an awful lot of eyeshadow palettes and as you all know I have my serious favourites. But guess what? It's bloody fab. Yup, amazing. Surprisingly good. 

I also received Intense Kajal 100% liner £9.95* which is a kohl liner. I found it stupidly easy to use and blend, and the shape of the packaging/product is really cool too.

On to the piece de resistance, the Vertige Volume Mascara £11.50*. Well, we all know what a mascara snob I am. You might have seen on my social media recently that I tried the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara (new fave) which I LOVE and I was sure nothing could beat it. This mascara doesn't beat it, but it does match it which is a very hard job. If your ever on the hunt for a new mascara and your stuck in a rut of which to try, I would 150% recommend this one.

In the pictures above I have shown you my look that I did using all these products, as well as just the mascara on its own so that you can see what it looks like. I'm sure you'll agree it looks good, no? I also really loved all the packaging for all the products. They were clean, chic and simple but worked amazingly. They do the job and are very pleasing to the eye! 

Have you ever tried Yves Rocher? What was your favourite bits?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. These products all look so nice, I've never tried any of them myself but I'll have to look into them! The mascara looks gorgoues, thank you for the great review! Really enjoyed reading this :) x

    Karis // karisatkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that eyeshadow palette! All the shades look so beautiful!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I've never heard of this brand before either haha. Your eyes look gorgeous though - I think I'll have to give that palette a try xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of them just never looked into it! You look gorgeous x
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great, neutral palette.
    You have beautiful lashes by the way!

    www.leviniasbeautyblog.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I want all of it!!! Loveee the eyeshadow colours, they're right up my street. I've not tried anything from Yves Rocher before but after reading this that'll soon change haha! xx
    Vanity Fairest

    ReplyDelete
  7. That makeup looks so cool !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl i need your lashes! They look fab!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always used to grab Yves Rocher when I headed to France or Spain, it is great and the products are just lovely.

    #UKBloggers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colour palette. I am very tempted by it. Your eye lashes are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh you always look so stunning, your make-up looks great in this! Great product choices! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig