fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Primark makeup | review/first impressions

Sooooo a few days ago (when you read this it will be more like over a week ago!) me, mumma bear and cousin Emily decided that we would venture out of our small town and travel a short distance to a slightly (very slightly) better town in favour of shopping. The only thing that makes this town any better is the fact they have a Primark! Its not even a very good Primark, but hey, Primark is Primark and I'm not complaining! 

I genuinely cannot remember the last time I went in to a Primark. I would like to say it was last year (which is probably true) but to be honest, I haven't got a clue. Because of this, and the fact I read so many blogs I'm always lusting over Primark things. 

I was surprised when I went in to see quite a large section of beauty kind of things. Beauty is not something Primark are known for at all, and I certainly haven't seen many posts about it which is surprising considering how much I loved what I got! 

I got a foundation egg thing, a lip gloss crayon and a lipstick. I think these were all either £1 or £1.50 but to be honest, at that price who cares! I just chucked them in my basket. 



Lipstick (no link)

Lipgloss crayon (no link)

Obviously the Real Technique foundation egg have been around for a while now and everybody is absolutely loving them, but as I use my fingers to apply my foundation I didn't want to spend the money to be disappointed. I got this one just to try it out, and to be honest I can't say I've been too disappointed. Your paying for what your getting really, and as I haven't tried any other eggs I couldn't compare but I have been using this every day with good results!
The lipstick colour I picked up was a pinky colour. There were other colours but I'm in a massive 'pink lips' phase at the moment so this was defo the one for me, and I must tell you how happy I am with it! As you can see from the picture, its amazingly pigmented. When people say Primark, I think everybody thinks 'cheap and cheerful' and that you're defo paying for what your getting but I'm so happily surprised by this and I will 100% be trying more if I get the chance!
My mum got one of the crayons from a different Primark last year and she's absolutely worn it to death. She LOVED it so when I saw them in all different colours and textures I needed to get one. I went for a slight glitter sheen one, which I have been loving putting on top of lipsticks. It makes them just that little bit nicer!

Have you tried the Primark makeup? How did you find it?




SHARE:

7 comments

  1. The lipstick is a very pretty shade!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. pink lippy looks gorgeous on you! I have a darker shade one and love it! :) x

    Lucie xx

    Fatbeautyx // Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lipstick is gorgeous, I love the packaging too x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colours are so pretty and i'm glad you like it so i can try it out as well:)

    love Katy @ THE RAWRDROBE

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lipstick is beautiful! I definitely need this in my life x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crayon looks nice, I wish we had Primark here.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right now it sounds like BlogEngine is the best blogging platform
    available right now. (from what I've read) Is that what
    you're using on your blog?

    Check out my blog; spa massage Johannesburg South

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig