fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Thursday 9 January 2014

DIY glass storage // daisydaisyxxo

This is my first DIY type post! Admittedly, you probably won't get many of these but I had an idea and I really wanted to photograph it to show you.
Me and my brother have recently swapped rooms and although their both pretty much done, we both still need furniture! But I had seen an idea similar to this on Pinterest a few weeks ago when I was looking for ideas for decoration in my room. It was so simple but they looked lovely to store little things in. I have always been quite arty so I tried to do it myself and I'm pleased with the result.

What you will need:



PVA glue or similar / glitter (mine is ultra fine but any will do) / jars (mine were from Dunelm Mill, the smaller one was 99p and the bigger was £2. So cheap!!!)

You might also need something to poor the glue and glitter in to, I used this old shampoo bottle



Poor the glue and the glitter in to the bottle. I used a funnel as I was doing it on my new bed (oops!) and I also added a little bit of water as I didn't want it to be too thick on the sides.


Poor some of the mixture into the jar and then just move the sides so it covers the whole things. I did this a few times to cover it properly, then I tipped out what was left.

I wish I hadn't put in so much water as it is quite thin now its drying, but I still love the way its turned out!

These were still wet so obviously they look a bit different now they've dried, but as I said I'm really happy with the way they've come out! 





SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Oh wow they look gorgeous Daisy! I love them!!!! They're so pretty :)))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh they turned out so well... such a good DIY! I'm definitely trying this! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so pretty, I've seen similar things on Pintrest too, so great with candles it!

    Love your blog, new follower ♥

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea, would look great with some candles :)

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! With my next candle jar i'll have to try this.

    kristianax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea! They look so pretty. I've just found your blog and really like it!

    www.colourmein-sc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea for simple decor :) deffo giving this a go. Every Friday afternoon I do finds/reviews on my blog, I'd love for you to check out this weeks:
    Find .01 // Floral Diary

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so so pretty! Such a lovely DIY <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie

    ReplyDelete
  9. They'd look so pretty just displayed on the shelf. I'll have to try this out sometime, I love DIY craft projects.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good idea!

    Hollie x
    http://holliefurniss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh these are so pretty! Lovely DIY idea :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a good idea! I really need to get into DIY more haha.

    Becca x

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig