fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 blogger challenge | new years inspiration

If I'm honest, after reading the first few posts of the 2014 blogger challenge, I felt a little disheartened about what I was going to write. Every post was very personal and showed a real journey from a dark time to a much happier one. 
I'm a very average girl. Not much going on.. No real problems, no real dramas in my life. So when I was thinking about what to write, I had no idea. I was pretty poorly when I was a tiny baby, I had pyloric stenosis (if you want to know what it is, google it), but that was when I was about 4 weeks old and its never really effected my life in any way as I can't remember anything about it. I'm a VERY fussy eater and some people in my family blame it on that, but to be honest my eating has never really effected me in any way.. I'm still here and healthy, aren't I?

*Image this as some scene from a Hollywood movie* 
I was looking around my room for ideas (I do that sometimes, no idea how or why it helps me but sometimes it just does, okay?) when I saw a frame that my mum had made for me. She's a graphic designer and we have many a poster of some sort that she's made around my house. In the frame was a quote she had found, which really applies to me. I knew instantly I wanted to use it in my post but then I wasn't sure how. Its not exactly a journey, more a part of me and my personality.

Not my mums original design, made this one myself

So as I said, this quote really applies to me. I would class myself as 'entrepreneurial', that makes me cringe hugely but its true. I get it from my mum. I'm always thinking of ideas of small business' that I can set up and do myself. When I was in upper school and I was too young and had too little experience to get a real job, my mum very kindly helped me set up my own jewellery selling business. It was obviously very little and didn't take off in any way shape or form but still it happened. 
I then gave a go at making tye-dye tshirts and selling them (remember when they were cool?) but the time and money spent, I wasn't making nearly enough back. 
Now I'm studying graphics at college and don't have any plans for when I leave as I don't want to go to uni, I would really love to somehow do something with my Graphics skills and make some kind of a business. Hmmmm, I can dream! 

Anyways, I guess my message is just simple that you can achieve anything if you want to. Cliché but true.



SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Great quote! You should never stop dreaming and always follow those dreams as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the meaning behind that quote! I'm definitely a dreamer, the hard part for me is always the first step! Once I actually get started I'm always so happy that I did, so I always try to remember that :)

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your post, so so inspirational!
    Ana x

    http://anasadler97.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely quote, and I really like the design :)
    Menna

    http://morwenna921.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that quote and your design :)
    Menna

    http://morwenna921.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quote, really hope you achieve your dreams :) Good luck! Great quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I there! I really loved your quote ;) highly inspirations for young dreamers ;) cheers!

    www.lifeloverbydani.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! And loved the post, you're great:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very inspirational, I hope you'll achieve all the goals you set to yourself!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Really inspirational! I've always wanted my own business so maybe this is the year for me to start!

    nailartiste.blogspot.co.uk

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this quote! I hope you can find something you want to do with your graphics :) I've also nominated you for a liebster http://emily-loves.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also part of the 2014 blogger challenge :) You've gained another follower!
    http://itsmemelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig