fashion | beauty | lifestyle

Tuesday 21 January 2014

What do I carry in my makeup bag?

I have seen many a 'whats in my makeup bag' posts, but I thought instead of sticking to the norm, I will show you what I carry in my makeup bag. What do I mean by this?! Well, I'm assuming not everybody uses EVERY single product they carry in their makeup bags (well I certainly don't!) so I thought i'd show you what I carry around incase I need it.

Firstly, this is my makeup bag. My pride and joy. I got this for Christmas from one of my closest friends Molly, who has actually recently started a blog herself. You can find that here.
You can get yourself a makeup bag similar to mine here.
So for my face I carry these products. I got the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation for Christmas, and although I do really like it, it is very heavy for me as before this I only ever used bb creams which were much thinner. Mine is in the shade 'dark beige' and its no. 55. I use Collection Sheer Loose Powder everyday as my powder, along with Natural Collection Bronzer. The next 3 are products I don't use very often. I received the very hyped Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer for Christmas and I have used it a few times but I notice that when I use it, it really stings my face and I'm not too sure why but I don't tend to use it much. I used to use the Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit before I got the Collection one, but I think its too heavy for my face. Finally, I have the Collection Blush & Highlight Cream Duo but as I don't use blush and I'm really not too sure how to use the highlighter, I haven't used this much (any tips?!?)

Next on to my brows. I got Benefit Brow Zings kit for Christmas and I have used it every day, ever since. Before this I just used a natural collection eyeshadow, but this kit has been a life saver.

For my eyes I carry the Topshop Smokey Eye Palette in 'Golden Aura' that I got for my secret santa present, and I don't wear this every day but I do use it a lot. Its sent from heaven, truly! I carry 3 mascaras, which some may say is excessive BUT I do have good reason. I wear a lot of mascara and sometimes I need 3. These are Benefit 'They're Real'NYC High Definition Separating Mascara and the NYC High Definition Volumising MascaraBourjois Liner Pinceau is just something I carry incase I need it but I rarely use this.


All my brushes are from the ELF brush kit. I use the powder, bronzing and eyebrow brush every day where as the other ones I only use if I need to. I carry the foundation brush incase I feel like using it but this is very, very rare!

I hope you enjoyed this post, its a bit different to something I would normally do and took me a long time to do due to all the links etc! Let me know what you think.

What is in your makeup bag? Are any of your products the same? Let me know!! 
x
























SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I love the Collection powder, it's an absolute must have for me! That Topshop palette looks gorgeous :)
    You can find loads of tutorials for highlighter but I think it's lovely just blended along your cheekbones and browbones, it really livens your face up :)
    Your make-up bag is so pretty, too :D

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use any of these products, haha, but it's because most of them aren't available in the U.S.! I do have the angled elf brush that you showed, though, and I love it for contouring!

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the topshop palette, it looks lovely!
    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute bag & I love all the products you have, especially your eye brushes :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig